After five rounds, the 250cc World Championship is yet to see a repeat winner, and that trend could continue at Catalunya on Sunday after Alex Debon set the fastest time in Friday practice.
The Aeropuerto-Castillo-Blusens Aprilia rider edged out fellow home star Alvaro Bautista by 0.038sec - the Aspar Aprilia rider finishing one place ahead of nearest championship rival Hiroshi Aoyama.
Mattia Pasini, winner last time out at Mugello, was fourth fastest with reigning 125cc world champion Mike di Meglio, who recently underwent surgery for arm pump, fifth.
Reigning 250cc world champion Marco Simoncelli, who controversially clashed with Bautista at Mugello, was only seventh fastest for Metis Gilera.
Friday practice - Catalunya:
1. Debon (Aprilia) 1min 47.291sec
2. Bautista (Aprilia) +0.038sec
3. Aoyama (Honda) +0.131sec
4. Pasini (Aprilia) +0.163sec
5. di Meglio (Aprilia) +0.384sec
6. Luthi (Aprilia) +0.862sec
7. Simoncelli (Gilera) +0.869sec
8. Abraham (Aprilia) +0.900sec
9. Faubel (Honda) +1.127sec
10. Wilairot (Honda) +1.228sec
24. Markham (Honda) +7.387sec