Hector Barbera has taken his second 250cc pole position in a row by leading's Friday's qualifying session for the Dutch TT.
Pepe World Aprilia rider Barbera, winner of the season opening Qatar Grand Prix but on the podium just once since, outpaced Scot Honda's Hiroshi Aoyama by 0.173sec with world championship leader Alvaro Bautista third for Aspar Aprilia.
Reigning 250cc world champion Marco Simoncelli will start from the outside of the front row for Metis Gilera, with Aleix Espargaro heading row two.
Qualifying - Assen:
1. Barbera (Aprilia) 1min 40.019sec
2. Aoyama (Honda) +0.173sec
3. Bautista (Aprilia) +0.191sec
4. Simoncelli (Gilera) +0.301sec
5. Espargaro (Aprilia) +0.777sec
6. Debon (Aprilia) +0.811sec
7. de Rosa (Honda) +1.004sec
8. Pasini (Aprilia) +1.036sec
9. di Meglio (Aprilia) +1.053sec
10. Pesek (Aprilia) +1.171sec
25. Markham (Honda) +6.739sec