Hector Barbera has taken his third pole in four races, during qualifying for the 250cc British Grand Prix at Donington Park.
The Pepe World Aprilia rider edged out reigning 250cc world champion Marco Simoncelli by just 0.092sec with world championship leader Hiroshi Aoyama, who will start round nine 10 points ahead of Alvaro Bautista, third for Scot Honda.
Bautista was riding hurt after a big Craner Curves fall from his Aspar Aprilia this morning, but still claimed sixth on the grid.
Double 250cc World Championship runner-up Ralf Waldmann, making a one-off GP return at the age of 43 to a track where he tasted victory in both 1997 and 2000, qualified 20th out of 27 riders (+3.606sec from Barbera) for Viessmann Kiefer Aprilia.
Qualifying - Donington Park:
1. Barbera (Aprilia) 1min 31.802sec
2. Simoncelli (Gilera) +0.092sec
3. Aoyama (Honda) +0.253sec
4. Debon (Aprilia) +0.466sec
5. di Meglio (Aprilia) +0.841sec
6. Bautista (Aprilia) +0.862sec
7. Pasini (Aprilia) +1.081sec
8. Wilairot (Honda) +1.244sec
9. Abraham (Aprilia) +1.343sec
10. Pesek (Aprilia) +1.401sec
24. Mossey (Aprilia) +4.425sec
26. Kenshington (Yamaha) +6.855sec
NC Markham (Aprilia) no time