Brembo, which provides braking systems for all MotoGP teams except Honda Gresini, has provided a top ten 'late brakers' list complied from data gathered during qualifying for last weekend's San Marino Grand Prix.
The braking area chosen was into the tight left-hand 'Quercia Turn' at the end of the back straight, where riders reduce speed from an average of 275 km/h to 85 km/h in just over six seconds.
Brembo top ten 'late brakers' – Misano:
1. Valentino Rossi (Fiat Yamaha Team)
2. Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda)
3. Jorge Lorenzo (Fiat Yamaha Team)
4. Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki)
5. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda)
6. Marco Melandri (Hayate Racing Team)
7. Nicky Hayden (Ducati Marlboro Team)
8. Randy De Puniet (LCR Honda)
9. Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3)
10. Mika Kallio (Ducati Marlboro Team)