Fans planning to attend the 2010 British Grand Prix are set to be treated to a series of exclusive interviews, concerts and demonstrations following the construction of a purpose-built concert stage at Silverstone.
Dubbed as 'Super Saturday', TV presenters Toby Moody and Julian Ryder will host the evening's entertainment, interviewing all of the riders at various intervals between approximately 17:00 and 19:00hrs on the Saturday
Additionally, the rider appearances will be topped and tailed with live music from bands, including:
- Jamie Whitham's The Po Boys, and a DJ
- Stunt and freestyle displays from the Red Bull X-Fighters, Dougie Lampkin and Craig Jones
- a specially designed motocross track featuring a round of the Red Bull Pro Nationals motocross championships, a Freestyle MotoX competition, a Silverstone Youth Slam race, plus qualifying rounds ahead of Sunday's 125cc 2 Stroke Supercross and Silverstone 2 Stroke MotoX Invitation races
- Superbike school pillion rides
- Supermoto Masters Cup and Mini Grand Prix racing on Silverstone's new multi-surface 1.088 mile fully-licensed Stowe Circuit
- Blades Aerobatic displays
On-track action, meanwhile, will include qualifying for the headlining MotoGP, Moto2 an 125cc World Championships, as well as the first of the weekend's two National Superstock 1000 races
“We promised MotoGP fans a better experience when they come to Silverstone and that is exactly what they are going to get. Not just on race day – on all three days,” said Managing director of Silverstone, Richard Phillips.
“Working with Dorna and the MotoGP teams, we are delighted to confirm that all of the MotoGP riders will be making scheduled appearances in the Arena Entertainment Zone on Saturday evening. Add live music and a world class line-up of on and off-track entertainment and we've got a real 'super Saturday' in store for the fans – all free to MotoGP ticket holders.”