Crash.Net MOTOGP News
Brembo releases MotoGP 'late brakers' list
5 July 2011
Brembo, which supplies brakes for all MotoGP teams except Honda Gresini and Honda LCR, has released the following list of top ten 'late brakers'.
The list was compiled from telemetry data following qualifying for last weekend's Italian MotoGP at Mugello, and refers to the braking area for turn one, where speeds drop from a maximum of 350 to around 120km/h.
"At the end of the official qualifying session, each team has supplied the telemetry data gathered," said a Brembo statement.
"Thanks to the values obtained, the standings of the best 'last of the late brakers' – i.e., those who begin braking closer to the chord point of San Donato bend – have been assessed."
Differences in top speed would influence when a rider hit the brakes, while qualifying was effectively shortened due to a rain shower.Brembo's top ten 'last of the late brakers':
1. Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda)
2. Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing)
3. Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda)
4. Valentino Rossi (Ducati)
5. Nicky Hayden (Ducati)
6. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda)
7. Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing)
8. Randy de Puniet (Pramac Racing)
9. Alvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki MotoGP)
10. Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing)