Casey Stoner's victory in last Sunday's Indianapolis Grand Prix was the 30th time he has stood on the top step of the podium in the MotoGP class.
That is just one less premier-class win than Eddie Lawson, who is fifth in the all-time premier-class win list, shown in the table below.
The number of premier-class world titles won by each rider is shown in brackets. All five riders above Stoner, who leads the 2011 standings by 44 points, have won at least four 500cc/MotoGP titles.
Stoner has 37 victories across all three grand prix classes, which is the same number as rivals Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa.
Riders with most wins in 500cc/MotoGP:
1. 79 wins - Valentino Rossi (7 500cc/MotoGP titles)
2. 68 wins - Giacomo Agostini (8)
3. 54 wins - Mick Doohan (5)
4. 37 wins - Mike Hailwood (4)
5. 31 wins - Eddie Lawson (4)
6. 30 wins - Casey Stoner (1)
7. 25 wins - Kevin Schwantz (1)
8. 24 wins - Wayne Rainey (3)
9. 22 wins - Geoff Duke (4), Kenny Roberts (3), 9 John Surtees (4)