The Speed Master team has now officially confirmed that it will step up to MotoGP
next season, running an Aprilia-powered CRT bike for Anthony West.
Ex-Factory Kawasaki rider West broke the news of his MotoGP
return several days ago via his Facebook page.
The 30-year-old Australian, also a former 250GP and WSS race winner, has spent the last two seasons racing in Moto2 for MZ.
Speed Master's MotoGP
chassis constructor is still to be announced.
The team will also continue in the Moto2 class with Andrea Iannone in 2012, but switch from a Suter to FTR chassis.
Iannone has won three races in each Moto2 season (first with Speed UP and then Speed Master) and has finished third in the championship on both occasions.2012 MotoGP grid - officially announced:
1. Casey Stoner - Repsol Honda
2. Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda
3. Jorge Lorenzo - Factory Yamaha
4. Ben Spies - Factory Yamaha
5. Valentino Rossi - Ducati Marlboro
6. Nicky Hayden - Ducati Marlboro
7. Cal Crutchlow - Tech 3 Yamaha
8. Andrea Dovizioso - Tech 3 Yamaha
9. Colin Edwards - Forward Racing (Suter-BMW CRT)
10. Hector Barbera - Pramac Ducati
11. Karel Abraham - Cardion AB Ducati
12. Alvaro Bautista - San Carlo Honda Gresini
13. Anthony West - Speed Master (?-Aprilia CRT)
14. ? - Gresini Racing (FTR-Honda CRT)