Moto2 world champion Stefan Bradl will graduate to MotoGP next season after being officially confirmed as racing for the LCR Honda team.
The 21-year-old German, who recently tested an 800cc Honda for LCR, has signed a two-year deal with the team.
“This is simply fantastic like a dream that comes true!" said Brad. "When I tested the RC212V in Valencia I realised that the LCR team is very professional and well organised so I am sure they will do their best to support me: making my debut in the premier class aboard the RC213V is great and I can not wait to get back on track."
Inaugural 2010 Moto2 champion Toni Elias raced for LCR Honda this season, but could only manage 15th in the championship.
However Lucio Cecchinello's team, which entered MotoGP with Casey Stoner in 2006, has previously taken premier-class podium finishes with both Stoner and Randy de Puniet.
Cecchinello is looking forward to making a fresh start with Bradl in the new 1000cc era.
"Next year will be very important for the MotoGP; starting from next April the championship will be rich of new technical rules and participants," said the former grand prix racer.
"Together with Honda we have considered several riders and Stefan was one of our candidates. After the test in Valencia we were very impressed by his potential and his determination: Stefan is young and fast and he just clinched the Moto2 World Title so we believe we can grow together with the Team in the next two years.
"He already knew the technical staff and today I am happy to give him our warmest welcome in the LCR Team!"
Bradl - son of former GP racer Helmut Bradl - took four wins and eleven podiums on his way to winning the Moto2 title, using a Kalex chassis run by Viessmann Kiefer Racing. He will be the first German MotoGP rider since Alex Hofmann in 2007.
Bradl and Bradley Smith (Tech 3) are the only riders with a 2013 MotoGP contract already in place.
2012 MotoGP riders - Officially confirmed:
1. Casey Stoner - Repsol Honda
2. Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda
3. Jorge Lorenzo - Factory Yamaha
4. Ben Spies - Factory Yamaha
5. Valentino Rossi - Ducati Marlboro
6. Nicky Hayden - Ducati Marlboro
7. Cal Crutchlow - Tech 3 Yamaha
8. Andrea Dovizioso - Tech 3 Yamaha
9. Colin Edwards - Forward Racing (Suter-BMW CRT)
10. Hector Barbera - Pramac Ducati
11. Karel Abraham - Cardion AB Ducati
12. Alvaro Bautista - San Carlo Honda Gresini
13. Anthony West - Speed Master (?-Aprilia CRT)
14. Stefan Bradl - LCR Honda
15. ? - Gresini Racing (FTR-Honda CRT)