The remaining MotoGP manufacturers moved a step closer to completing their proposals for the 2013 season, during further MSMA meetings at last week's Sepang test.
A final proposal from the manufacturers, aimed at cutting costs while retaining technical interest, is due to be delivered during the Jerez test from March 23-25.
"We are working with an open mind in order to give Dorna and FIM our suggestions. After that they will decide the kind of rules for the future," said Ducati Corse general manager Filippo Preziosi at Sepang.
"We are trying to make a compromise between the cost and the interest of the championship. The important thing is that the rules are fair and show is good."
Preziosi, like senior figures at Honda and Yamaha, declined to give exact details about what the MSMA proposal will contain.
"I can't say the details, but I think we have reasonable ideas," commented HRC Executive Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto.
Despite the lack of specifics, it is possible to deduce some 'red lines' as far as the manufacturers are concerned for MotoGP 2013.
Red line #1: No radical redesigns
"If we completely change the regulations we have to make a new machine, which means the cost is huge," said Nakamoto.
Red line #2: No development freeze
"Cost reduction is an essential matter," said Masahiko Nakajima, general manager of Yamaha's Motorsport Development Division.
"But if there is a freeze on development - such as you must continue to use the end of 2012 spec engine for three years [similar to F1] - then Yamaha is not interested in MotoGP.
"We go racing to introduce new technology and then feed that technology back to the production bike. For us 'racing is an actual laboratory'."