2012 is Dani Pedrosa's seventh year of MotoGP racing and the Spaniard, who has spent his entire premier-class career with Repsol Honda, is enjoying his best season so far.
In previous years, Pedrosa's championship hopes have often been compromised by injury.
But this year he has stayed injury free, finished every race and - with eight rounds to go - is currently second in the world championship, 23 points from Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha).
Here are some other facts and figures about Pedrosa's season to date:
* Pedrosa has scored points in each of the first ten races of the year for the first time since moving up to MotoGP.
* Pedrosa currently has a total of 182 points, which is the highest score he has achieved in MotoGP after the first ten races of the year. His previous best score at this stage in the season was 171 points in the 2008 season.
* Pedrosa has finished on the podium at the last six races in succession which equals the longest sequence of successive podiums that he has achieved in the MotoGP class.
* Pedrosa has already finished on the podium nine times this year, and needs just two more top three finishes to equal the greatest number of podiums that he has previously achieved in a full season of MotoGP.
* Pedrosa has finished in the top five at all 16 races since crashing at the Czech Grand Prix last year, including 13 times on the podium.