- The lowest number of laps posted by any one rider over the three days. Michael Laverty didn't even go out on Tuesday, got his first 19 laps on the new PBM bike on Wednesday, then added a further 24 on Thursday.
- The number of CRTs using the standard Magneti Marelli ECU electronics system at the second test.
- The closest gap between any two team-mates at the second test. de Puniet just pipped fellow Aspar rider Aleix Espargaro to the fastest CRT time.
- The number of seconds covering all 28 riders by the end of the test, from Lorenzo to Bryan Staring. At the first test the margin had been 5.870s.
- The difference between the quickest Sepang II lap by a Ducati rider, Andrea Dovizioso, and the fastest overall lap time. At the first test the difference had been 2.010s.
- The number of days since a British rider was so highly placed at any one day of official testing, when all full-time riders were present. Cal Crutchlow was third fastest on day two at Sepang II, the best by a Brit since James Toseland's second place on the last day of the Qatar test prior to the opening round in 2008.