Present on the provisional 2014 MotoGP entry list, Mike di Meglio hopes to finalise a deal next week to ride for Avintia Blusens.
Di Meglio has tested the team's FTR Kawasaki in Valencia and Aragon after returning to action for the first time in three months following injury.
The French rider missed most of the second half of the 2013 Moto2 season after he was struck by a number of competitors following a spill at Brno.
However, the 2008 125cc world champion is back on the mend and looking forward to making his MotoGP bow next year.
“We are looking into the details and something could be signed next week,” he told the official MotoGP website.
“I am very happy with the work we have done over our four days of testing. I really appreciated having a large structure behind me - a very professional team - and all of the hard work that has been done.
“We will soon see how the new chassis is; I will have a good number of tests this winter and we will try and evolve it as much as we can so that, over the course of the season, I would be able to be closer to my team-mate [Hector Barbera] and the other riders who will start ahead of us,” he added.
“I will also have to see how the motorcycle behaves compared to the others.”
Assessing his comeback in testing and his progress following injury, the Toulouse rider said he found the going physically tough.
“With regards to my injury, I had no real trouble with it. I had to be careful not to have any falls, but everything is fine now.
“The test was hard, physically, because it had been three months since I was last on a motorcycle because I had been giving myself as much rest as possible,” said di Meglio.
“There will be more testing in Jerez next week (Wednesday 27-Friday 29) and I will be in better shape, but still not 100%. The key is to have a good winter programme for my fitness.
“I really like it [FTR Kawasaki]. I had tested it at Brno last year and it has evolved since then. I am very happy with the feelings I had with it.”