Double MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo used Yamaha's team launch in Jakarta on Friday to dismiss reports that he has signed a 'preliminary agreement' to race for Ducati in 2015.
"When you are fast and winning races all the big factories want you, this is normal," said Lorenzo, who won more races (eight) than any other rider last season.
"I have to clarify that there is no truth in the rumours that there is a contract with another manufacturer and I would like to start negotiating as soon as possible for my future with Yamaha.
"My dream is to retire after my career as a Yamaha rider. If our bike is even better this year then it will be easier!"
Lorenzo, a Yamaha rider since his 2008 MotoGP debut, missed out on a third title by just four points to Honda's Marc Marquez last year - despite suffering double collarbone surgery.
The 26-year-old stunned the motorsport world by racing at Assen, just days after breaking his collarbone in practice, but was forced to miss the following Sachsenring event after re-damaging the same shoulder in another massive highside.
Having regained fitness, Lorenzo went on to win five of the last seven races and finished the season 93 points ahead of legendary team-mate Valentino Rossi.
"I like the new bike a lot, it's very smart and elegant with more white. It's not just the colour though; I'm excited to see what's inside the bike in Sepang!" said Lorenzo, referring to the first test of 2014 in Malaysia next month.
"My expectations for this season are very high. This winter I had an operation to take out the metal plates in my shoulder so I'm a bit lighter, but I'm also a bit fatter after Christmas!
"I am training hard to lose some kilos and I will try to start the season well like last year and be straight onto the podium. This will be important to get points and gain confidence to keep going through the season.
"Our rivals will be tough but I think if we've improved in some areas then we have a good chance to win the title again."