Marc Marquez has stated that the little finger on his left hand that he broke a week before the fourth round of the MotoGP season is already back to 100 percent.

The reigning world champion suffered the fracture after falling from his dirttrack machine while training three weeks ago. He underwent immediate surgery and then had to race with the aid of painkillers at Jerez.

Speaking at the pre-race press conference Marquez said the finger should no longer cause him problems in the race.

Related Articles

"Here we can say that the finger is already at 100%," he said. "It's a little bigger than usual but I already have the power that was the biggest problem in Jerez. We will see. We did a couple of laps on Monday. For the test we try a few things and here we have some things to try and improve on the exit of the corner."

Marquez comes to France fourth overall in the world championship and trails Valentino Rossi by 26 points. He insisted that it was not a time to panic.

"Last year I arrive here in a completely different position. This year I'm fourth in the championship and 26 points behind Valentino. Still there are 14 races [to go]. It's not a panic inside the team so we will try to continue like we did until now because I think we have a good level."

The Le Mans track holds special memories for the 22-year old. Not only did he score his first grand prix pole position at the track, he claimed his first win in the Moto2 class at this venue too.

Although not one of his favourite tracks, Marquez is looking forward to the race weekend.

"It's years ago I got my first pole position here. I remember that it was half wet half dry. It's a circuit that I get my first victory in Moto2. I didn't like a lot but I normally get a good rhythm. We will try to do a good weekend and see the weather too but it looks like Sunday will be ok. I'm ready to start."