Valentino Rossi says he's been trying to organise his plan of attack for next year since the aftermath of the MotoGP finale and says his season still isn't finished in 2015.
The nine-time world champion was the central figure in a dramatic end to the MotoGP season, when the Italian accused Marc Marquez in the build up to the Malaysian MotoGP of helping Jorge Lorenzo win the championship, with the pair then clashing on track after a feisty battle.
Rossi received three penalty points from Race Direction for 'irresponsible riding' for his part in the incident which forced Marquez wide before the pair collided and the Honda rider crashed out.
When added to the previous penalty points applied earlier in the season, Rossi was forced to start the title-decider in Valencia from the back of the grid, a punishment which enabled Lorenzo to win the race and claim the title at the death.
Despite the controversy, Rossi conceded a healthy points lead to Lorenzo over the final rounds of the year and his fourth and final win of the year came at a wet British MotoGP, where Marquez crashed out and Lorenzo struggled to fourth place.
Speaking at the Monster Energy Monza Rally Show, Rossi says since Valencia he has continued working and preparing for next year and his season will come to a close after this weekend.
“The season finished in Valencia, the real one, but my season finishes after the Rally of Monza,” Rossi said. “Also in November I try to fix all my things and this one is like at the end of my season. From Monday morning I will be on my real holidays.
“Monza is always a great moment and a great way to finish the season because I get great enjoyment from it this year and this year I am in front so I am happy.”
Rossi, a three-time Monza Rally winner, heads into the final day of action with a comfortable lead in a Ford Fiesta WRC 1.6 machine and is competing alongside childhood friend and familiar face in his MotoGP garage Alessio 'Uccio' Salucci.