Marc Marquez has proven that he has the speed to successfully defend his Superprestigio title in Barcelona by topping the qualifying time sheets for the 2015 event.
Around the short, tight track, where just one second covers the fastest laps of all 43 entrants, Marquez led surprise package Toni Elias by one tenth of a second while American dirt track stars Jared Mees and Brad Baker were sixth and seventh fastest.
What's more, 17-year old British talent Oliver Brindley was an impressive third fastest after making his way to the Grand Final in the inaugural Superprestigio of the Americas in Las Vegas.
Along with suffering a fall on Friday, Marquez was typically pushing to the limits again in the morning, taking out Moto2 star Alex Rins in the process.
Both Marquez and Elias led the way on Friday evening with times that were half a second faster than Saturday morning. However, a dried track surface somewhat slowed overall times.
2015 flat track champion Francesco Cecchini was fourth fastest with four-time Supermoto world champion Thomas Chareyre a place behind in fifth.
1. Marc Marquez ESP (Superprestigio) 12.327s
2. Toni Elias ESP (Superprestigio) 12.430s
3. Oliver Brindley UK (Open) 12.440s
4. Francesco Cecchini ITA (Open) 12.446s
5. Thomas Chareyre FRA (Open) 12.446s
6. Jared Mees USA (Open) 12.487s
7. Brad Baker USA (Open) 12.496s
8. Joonas Kylmakorpi SWE (Open) 12.503s
9. Gerard Bailo ESP (Open) 12.512s
10. Alan Birtwistle UK (Open) 12.512s
11. Jose Luis Martinez ESP (Open) 12.530s
12. Ferran Cardus ESP (Open) 12.542s
13. Xavi Vierge ESP (Superprestigio) 12.567s
14. Angel Grau ESP (Open) 12.582s
15. Xavi Galindo ESP (Open) 12.592s