Hungarian Gabor Talmacsi will start on 125cc pole position for his adopted home round at Brno in the Czech Republic after Saturday's intermittent rain left the reigning world champion's provisional pole time unchallenged.
The Aspar Aprilia rider thus kept his 0.718secs advantage over Nicolas Terol, with Andrea Iannone and Bradley Smith completing an all-Aprilia front row. World championship leader Mike di Meglio will start from fifth position.
Raffaele de Rosa was the fastest rider during the second qualifying session, the Italian setting a best lap time of 2mins 18.227secs before a heavy rain shower arrived in the closing stages. de Rosa will start from eleventh on the grid.
Esteve Rabat and Scott Redding were second and third in the final qualifying session, while Talmacsi was a cautious 12th.
Grid line-up - Brno:
1. Talmacsi (Aprilia) 2mins 09.870secs
2. Terol (Aprilia) +0.718secs
3. Iannone (Aprilia) +0.719secs
4. Smith (Aprilia) +0.782secs
5. di Meglio (Derbi) +0.921secs
6. Cortese (Aprilia) +1.154secs
7. Espargaro (Derbi) +1.160secs
8. Corsi (Aprilia) +1.357secs
9. Gadea (Aprilia) +1.406secs
10. Olive (Derbi) +1.471secs
16. Redding (Aprilia) +1.849secs
21. Webb (Aprilia) +2.585secs