18-year-old German Stefan Bradl has taken his first ever 125cc victory after rising to the top of a closely contested Czech Republic Grand Prix at Brno.
The Grizzly Gas Kiefer Racing competitor, son of former grand prix rider Helmut, reached the front of an eleven-rider lead group by the halfway stage of the 19 laps - then pushed hard to gradually break clear of his nearest rivals.
World championship leader Mike di Meglio got the better of Gabor Talmacsi and Joan Olive to wrap-up the runner-up position, while Hungarian superstar Talmacsi saw a podium finish at his 'home' event snatched from his grasp by Olive.
Nicolas Terol collected a safe fifth, while Bradley Smith dropped to sixth position after leading on the opening lap.
In the world championship standings, di Meglio has now pulled 44 points clear of Simone Corsi, who finished in tenth position at Brno.
Race results - Brno:
1. Bradl (Aprilia)
2. di Meglio (Derbi) +0.881secs
3. Olive (Derbi) +4.070secs
4. Talmacsi (Aprilia) +4.118secs
5. Terol (Aprilia) +7.048secs
6. Smith (Aprilia) +9.334secs
7. Cortese (Aprilia) +12.813secs
8. Espargaro (Derbi) +16.491secs
9. Iannone (Aprilia) +17.637secs
10. Corsi (Aprilia) +17.855secs
11. Redding (Aprilia) +18.964secs
Webb (Aprilia) DNF