Dani Pedrosa was unable to clinch the 250cc World Championship at sepang today, despite riding a perfect race which saw him take victory in the Malaysian Grand Prix by over thirteen seconds.
However, second place for Sebastián Porto - after an intense battle with Toni Elías - means the Spanish youngster needs a further two points to make sure of the title, regardless of Porto's result at Phillip Island next week.
Elías completed the podium to continue his strong finish to the season whilst Alex de Angelis
and Randy de Puniet
completed the top five. Fifth place for De Puniet means his chances of winning the title are now completely over.
Meanwhile, after his recent run of bad luck, Chaz Davies returned to the top 10 in style with a hard fought ninth place, the 17-year-old crossing the line a fraction behind Hugo Marchand.250cc Malaysian Grand Prix – top ten:
1. Pedrosa (Honda)
2. Porto (Aprilia) +13.513secs
3. Elias (Honda) +13.585secs
4. De Angelis (Aprilia) +25.027secs
5. De Puniet (Aprilia) +49.978secs
6. Battaini (Aprilia) +1min 2.582secs
7. Nieto (Aprilia) +1min 2.670secs
8. Marchand (Aprilia) +1min 9.360secs
9. Davies (Aprilia) +1min 9.492secs
10. Matsudo (Yamaha) +1min 20.994secs