Crash.Net MOTOGP News
Stoner takes KTM victory, Dovizioso 125cc crown
10 October 2004
Andrea Dovizioso has become the fourth youngest World Champion in history thanks to a second place finish in today's 125cc Malaysian Grand Prix – a race won by Casey Stoner.
Whilst Stoner's victory was his first of the season and the first ever for KTM since they arrived in road racing grand prix last season, the headlines will also go to Dovizioso and Honda, who have had an unerringly consistent season with just one result outside the top four from the fourteen races so far.
Alvaro Bautista completed the podium in third place after his team-mate Hector Barberá, who started the race as the only rider with a realistic chance of halting Dovizioso, crashed out on the second lap.125cc Malaysian Grand Prix – top ten:
1. Stoner (KTM)
2. Dovizioso (Honda) +0.029secs
3. Bautista (Aprilia) +6.547secs
4. Locatelli (Aprilia) +11.579secs
5. Lai (Gilera) +17.136secs
6. Simon (Honda) +17.146secs
7. Pasini (Aprilia) +24.985secs
8. Talmacsi (Malaguti) +25.057secs
9. Borsoi (Aprilia) +25.262secs
10. Jenkner (Aprilia) +26.905secs