Dani Pedrosa celebrated his 250cc World Championship title in style with home victory, in front of over 122,000 fans, in today's season ending Valencia Grand Prix.
Pedrosa pressured early leader Sebastián Porto until the eleventh lap, taking the lead with a clean move and stretching out a clear advantage.
Porto pushed hard to stay with the World Champion but lost control of his Aprilia on the nineteenth lap, leaving Toni Elías to win a furious battle with Hiroshi Aoyama for second.
Aoyama was later disqualified from third when his bike weighed in at 500g underneath the minimum weight limit, meaning Randy de Puniet
was promoted to the podium.
Fourth place for Franco Battaini sealed the Best Privateer award for the Italian whilst British teenager Chaz Davies, the youngest rider in the class, scored his best ever finish in fifth.250cc Valencia Grand Prix – top ten:
1. Pedrosa (Honda)
2. Elias (Honda) +8.086secs
3. De Puniet (Aprilia) +27.412secs
4. Battaini (Aprilia) +31.620secs
5. Davies (Aprilia) +34.059secs
6. Nieto (Aprilia) +34.784secs
7. Rolfo (Honda) +40.352secs
8. Matsudo (Yamaha) +46.761secs
9. Faubel (Aprilia) +46.770secs
10. Baldolini (Aprilia) +58.235secs
* Aoyama disqualified from third.