Crash.Net MotoGP News
Luthi dominates for debut 125 victory
15 May 2005
Thomas Lüthi took his first ever victory in the 125cc French Grand Prix from pole position after streaking into a lead of over eight-seconds from the third lap.
The Swiss rider never looked in danger as a packed second group gave chase, with Sergio Gadea and Mika Kallio eventually winning the battle for the remaining two podium positions.
The result means Kallio now leads the championship by twelve points from Lüthi, with Marco Simoncelli in third place after taking fifth place today.125cc top ten - French Grand Prix:
1. Luthi (Honda)
2. Gadea (Aprilia) +3.080secs
3. Kallio (KTM) +3.263secs
4. Di Meglio (Honda) +4.237secs
5. Simoncelli (Aprilia) +4.311secs
6. Talmacsi (KTM) +4.822secs
7. Nieto (Derbi) +25.823secs
8. Simon (KTM) +26.349secs
9. Toth (Aprilia) +31.611secs
10. Poggiali (Gilera) +32.853secs