Crash.Net MotoGP News
Pedrosa perfect for 250 Mugello victory
5 June 2005
Dani Pedrosa became the first Honda rider to win the 250cc race at Mugello since 1997 as he clinched his second successive victory and extend his championship lead to 21 points over Andrea Dovizioso, who suffered from technical problems and could only take eighth.
Jorge Lorenzo clinched his first podium finish in the class in second place after starting from pole position, making him the second youngest rider in history to do so by just five days from Marco Melandri.
Alex de Angelis completed the podium after snatching third place on the line from Casey Stoner, who now lies just one point behind Dovizioso in the championship.
supported Chaz Davies won the 'privateer' Italian Grand Prix; the 18-year-old Brit finishing an excellent tenth overall, behind only the factory machines, for his Aprilia Germany team.250cc top ten – Italian GP:
1. Pedrosa (Honda)
2. Lorenzo (Honda) +1.186secs
3. De Angelis (Aprilia) +1.557secs
4. Stoner (Aprilia) +1.590secs
5. Porto (Aprilia) +6.106secs
6. Barbera (Honda) +8.291secs
7. Aoyama (Honda) +11.801secs
8. Dovizioso (Honda) +11.869secs
9. Corsi (Aprilia) +21.975secs
10. Davies (Aprilia) +42.381secs