Gabor Talmacsi shares the lead in the 125cc World Championship with Mattia Pasini after taking his second victory of the season today at Assen.
The Hungarian escaped from a frenetic front group of up to nine riders when Marco Simoncelli and Thomas Lüthi collided on the last lap, with the Italian rider crashing and the Swiss youngster recovering to take tenth place. Gabor's KTM team-mate Mika Kallio
also crashed out late in the race.
Talmacsi was joined on the podium by Héctor Faubel and Pasini, who recovered six places on the last six laps to cross the line in third and ensure a share of the series lead, with both riders on 100 points. 125cc top ten - Dutch TT:
1. Talmacsi (KTM)
2. Faubel (Aprilia) +0.657secs
3. Pasini (Aprilia) +0.801secs
4. Bautista (Honda) +0.847secs
5. Masbou (Honda) +1.403secs
6. Simon (KTM) +3.972secs
7. Koyama (Honda) +4.259secs
8. Poggiali (Gilera) +4.323secs
9. Gadea (Aprilia) +4.492secs
10. Luthi (Honda) +13.934secs