Crash.Net MotoGP News
Pedrosa silences Lorenzo with Brno win
28 August 2005
Dani Pedrosa extended his advantage at the top of the 250cc World Championship to 59 points after clinching his sixth victory of the season with an impeccable performance at Brno in the Czech Republic today.
Pedrosa hung at the back of the front group for much of the race as Hiroshi Aoyama and Jorge Lorenzo battled for the lead, making his move at the halfway stage and gradually edging to the front.
A brief battle with arch-rival Lorenzo ensued, as Aoyama lost several places, but Pedrosa stepped up the pace on the final two laps to leave his fellow Spaniard trailing.
Casey Stoner fought off Alex de Angelis to complete the podium and distance himself in second place in the championship from Andrea Dovizioso, who was sixth.
Eighteen year-old Chaz Davies looked well set for a points scoring ride, but was knocked down by Italian Andrea Baldolini.250cc top ten – Czech Republic GP:
1. Pedrosa (Honda)
2. Lorenzo (Honda) +1.303secs
3. Stoner (Aprilia) +4.253secs
4. De Angelis (Aprilia) +5.326secs
5. Aoyama (Honda) +8.392secs
6. Dovizioso (Honda) +8.471secs
7. Porto (Aprilia) +25.545secs
8. De Puniet (Aprilia) +32.159secs
9. Locatelli (Aprilia) +33.969secs
10. Guintoli (Aprilia) +35.544secs
Davies (Aprilia) DNF