Crash.Net MOTOGP News
Luthi takes crucial 125cc Australian GP win
16 October 2005
Thomas Lüthi leads the 125cc World Championship by twelve-points after sealing his fourth victory of the season in today's Australian Grand Prix.
Honda rider Lüthi bolted from pole position and forged an immediate advantage that he would hold until the end of the race.
Meanwhile Mika Kallio, who led the series by two-points going into today's event, battled for second place until the final lap in a combative group but could only manage fifth place as Tomoyoshi Koyama and Marco Simoncelli completed the podium, with Mattia Pasini in fourth place.125cc top ten – Australian GP:
1. Luthi (Honda)
2. Koyama (Honda) +2.663secs
3. Simoncelli (Aprilia) +2.665secs
4. Pasini (Aprilia) +2.673secs
5. Kallio (KTM) +2.860secs
6. Faubel (Aprilia) +2.945secs
7. Talmacsi (KTM) +2.950secs
8. Rodriguez (Aprilia) +3.386secs
9. Gadea (Aprilia) +10.546secs
10. Masbou (Honda) +10.551secs