Crash.Net MOTOGP News
Stoner defeats Pedrosa for 250 'high five'
23 October 2005
Casey Stoner bounced back from the disappointment of seeing his 250cc World Championship chances disappear in his home round at Phillip Island seven days ago by taking victory in the first ever quarter-litre Turkish Grand Prix.
Stoner led the race from the first corner and held off a late challenge from recently crowned double-world champion Dani Pedrosa to become the first Australian rider ever to score five wins in a season in the class.
Hiroshi Aoyama completed the podium after an intense battle with pole setter Alex de Angelis, who crashed in the final corner but was able to remount and finish seventh.
Meanwhile, privateer Chaz Davies collected a solid tenth place after finishing less than a minute from Stoner.250cc top ten – Turkish GP:
1. Stoner (Aprilia)
2. Pedrosa (Honda) +0.093secs
3. Aoyama (Honda) +11.647secs
4. Lorenzo (Honda) +21.861secs
5. Dovizioso (Honda) +21.940secs
6. Barbera (Honda) +22.258secs
7. de Angelis (Aprilia) +43.755secs
8. Locatelli (Aprilia) +44.105secs
9. Guintoli (Aprilia) +48.918secs
10. Davies (Aprilia) +54.376secs