KTM's Mika Kallio
made up ground on Alvaro Bautista with a brilliant last-gasp win in the 125cc Dutch TT at Assen.
In an exciting end to the lower class race, Kallio passed Sergio Gadea and title-rival Bautista on the final chicane, with the latter taking a trip onto the grass and unable to overtake his team-mate.
Lukas Pesek suffered a serious setback as a result of mechanical problems, with both he and team-mate Nico Terol having to give up their grid positions due to mechanical problems, the former starting from last and the latter from the pits.
Pesek impressively recovered to power his way to fifth in the race, behind Simone Corsi and ahead of Hector Faubel, Mattia Pasini and Thomas Luthi. Pablo Nieto and Raffaele de Rosa completed the top ten.125cc top ten – Dutch TT:
1. Kallio (KTM)
2. Gadea (Aprilia) +0.122secs
3. Bautista (Aprilia) +0.128secs
4. Corsi (Gilera) +6.793secs
5. Pesek (Derbi) +6.828secs
6. Faubel (Aprilia) +10.647secs
7. Pasini (Aprilia) +10.691secs
8. Luthi (Honda) +10.935secs
9. Nieto (Aprilia) +13.297secs
10. de Rosa (Aprilia) +13.336secs
16. Smith (Honda) +37.462secs