Mika Kallio became the first Finnish rider in 30 years to take a GP victory with his debut win in the 125cc class at today's Portuguese Grand Prix at Estoril.
Kallio held off a late attack from Spaniard Hector Faubel by just 0.008 seconds after the pair had dominated the race.
Swiss rider Thomas Luthi completed the podium after dropping from the early lead group when Kallio's team-mate Gabor Talmacsi highsided ahead of him. Luthi's machine clipped the Hungarian's helmet, but he was fortunately unharmed.
125cc top ten – Portuguese GP:
1. Kallio (KTM)
2. Faubel (Aprilia) +0.008secs
3. Luthi (Honda) +2.898secs
4. Lai (Honda) +2.980secs
5. Poggiali (Gilera) +11.276secs
6. Koyama (Honda) +13.543secs
7. Bautista (Honda) +13.547secs
8. Pasini (Aprilia) +14.493secs
9. Simon (KTM) +14.710secs
10. Simoncelli (Aprilia) +15.194secs