Casey Stoner took his second successive victory in the 250cc class after a close battle with Andrea Dovizioso in today's wet Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai.
Stoner made a poor start from pole position but recovered to take the lead by the end of the opening lap and never looked back.
Dovizioso stalked the Australian all the way to the line but was happy to settle for a second place finish that lifts him above Dani Pedrosa to the top of the championship standings.
Stoner also moved ahead of Pedrosa to second place overall, with the defending world champion dropping to third after taking sixth place today.
Hiroshi Aoyama clinched his first podium of the season in third after Randy De Puniet retired with a technical problem, with Alex de Angelis and Sebastián Porto completing the top five.
Chaz Davies retired with mechanical problems while battling with Porto for a top ten position early in the race.
250cc top ten – Chinese GP:
1. Stoner (Aprilia)
2. Dovizioso (Honda) +0.249secs
3. Aoyama (Honda) +21.185secs
4. De Angelis (Aprilia) +28.589secs
5. Porto (Aprilia) +31.879secs
6. Pedrosa (Honda) +40.520secs
7. Barbera (Honda) +46.332secs
8. Corsi (Aprilia) +1min 1.615secs
9. Lorenzo (Honda) +1min 4.261secs
10. Takahashi (Honda) +1min 5.823secs
Davies (Aprilia) DNF