Mattia Pasini clinched his first victory in a 125cc Chiense Grand Prix delayed for half an hour by standing water on the Shanghai track surface.
Pasini led for the majority of the race in a close battle with fellow Italian Fabrizio Lai, taking the flag by just 0.065 seconds after overtaking his compatriot in the final corner.
Gabor Talmacsi took his first podium in third whilst eleventh place for his team-mate Mika Kallio was enough to maintain the championship lead by a single point from Lai.
125cc top ten – Chinese GP:
1. Pasini (Aprilia)
2. Lai (Honda) +0.065secs
3. Talmacsi (KTM) +4.953secs
4. Luthi (Honda) +8.785secs
5. Koyama (Honda) +10.707secs
6. Simoncelli (Aprilia) +11.959secs
7. Espargaro (Honda) +25.951secs
8. Nieto (Derbi) +27.152secs
9. Pesek (Derbi) +28.154secs
10. Simon (KTM) +28.707secs