Sebastián Porto clinched his first victory of the season in the 250cc Dutch TT after a masterful ride that saw him take the lead form Jorge Lorenzo at the end of the penultimate lap before setting the quickest time of the race to hold off a late challenge from world champion Dani Pedrosa.
Lorenzo had led the way throughout after starting from pole position and bravely hung on to third place despite riding with a titanium plate and seven screws in the collarbone he broke just thirteen days previously at Catalunya.
With Casey Stoner struggling to sixth place and Andrea Dovizioso seventh, Pedrosa now leads the championship with an advantage of 37 and 41 points respectively over the Australian and the Italian.
250cc top ten – Dutch TT:
1. Porto (Aprilia)
2. Pedrosa (Honda) +0.381secs
3. Lorenzo (Honda) +1.232secs
4. Aoyama (Honda) +11.757secs
5. De Angelis (Aprilia) +12.017secs
6. Stoner (Aprilia) +12.026secs
7. Dovizioso (Honda) +12.354secs
8. De Puniet (Aprilia) +13.935secs
9. Barbera (Honda) +14.406secs
10. Corsi (Aprilia) +29.294secs
14. Davies (Aprilia) +55.627secs