Thomas Lüthi took his second victory of the season at Brno in the Czech Republic today, to extend his points advantage at the top of the 125cc World Championship to nine over Mika Kallio.
Lüthi made his break from a combative lead group with just two laps remaining, Mattia Pasini then crashing out as he led the chase behind the Swiss youngster.
Marco Simoncelli consequently moved up to second place but he lost out to Kallio after a crafty move from the Finnish rider in the final corner.
125cc top ten – Czech Republic GP:
1. Luthi (Honda)
2. Kallio (KTM) +3.212secs
3. Simoncelli (Aprilia) +3.326secs
4. Gadea (Aprilia) +7.754secs
5. Zanetti (Aprilia) +14.453secs
6. Lai (Honda) +25.156secs
7. Di Meglio (Honda) +25.247secs
8. Poggiali (Gilera) +25.509secs
9. Talmacsi (KTM) +25.773secs
10. Simon (KTM) +26.066secs