Casey Stoner continued his quest to hunt down 250cc World Championship leader Dani Pedrosa with a convincing fourth victory of the season at Qatar today, his second in just six days.
Pedrosa, who was leading by 63 points before his crash in Malaysia last weekend, could only manage fourth place today and has seen his advantage reduced to just 26 points, with Stoner's home race at Phillip Island in Australia next on the calendar.
Jorge Lorenzo marked his return to action from a one-race ban with a second-place finish from pole position, whilst Andrea Dovizioso stole the final podium spot with a draught pass on Pedrosa at the line.
250cc top ten – Qatar GP:
1. Stoner (Aprilia)
2. Lorenzo (Honda) +1.566secs
3. Dovizioso (Honda) +2.603secs
4. Pedrosa (Honda) +2.659secs
5. Porto (Aprilia) +4.867secs
6. Aoyama (Honda) +29.971secs
7. Barbera (Honda) +32.708secs
8. Takahashi (Honda) +46.470secs
9. Guintoli (Aprilia) +46.849secs
10. Sekiguchi (Aprilia) +1min 1.682secs
16. Davies (Aprilia) +1min 6.194secs