Dani Pedrosa celebrated his final appearance in the 250cc World Championship with the eighth victory of his second successive title-winning season, at valencia today.
The Spaniard started from pole position and, after conceding the lead for several laps to Jorge Lorenzo, re-asserted his dominance in the category with a series of lap records that saw him clear and unchallenged in the final stages of the race.
Casey Stoner - strongly rumoured to be joining Pedrosa in the MotoGP class next season - picked up third place to consolidate the runner-up spot in the championship ahead of Andrea Dovizioso, who finished ninth today with a remarkable charge through the pack after running into the gravel on the first lap.
250cc top ten - Valencia GP:
1. Pedrosa (Honda)
2. Lorenzo (Honda) +3.448secs
3. Stoner (Aprilia) +14.372secs
4. de Angelis (Aprilia) +17.771secs
5. Barbera (Honda) +26.233secs
6. Aoyama (Honda) +31.244secs
7. Takahashi (Honda) +35.518secs
8. de Puniet (Aprilia) +36.488secs
9. Dovizioso (Honda) +43.129secs
10. Locatelli (Aprilia) +43.960secs
16. Davies (Aprilia) +1min 12.112secs