After earning his first pole position in the 250cc category yesterday in China, Fortuna Aprilia's Hector Barbera was the victor in the quarter-litre race in Shanghai today.
The Spaniard beat Honda's Andrea Dovizioso after a hard fought dogfight between the two which ran from start to finish. Barbera finished two tenths ahead of his rival and some three seconds faster than third-placed Hiroshi Aoyama. The Japanese KTM rider took third after Jorge Lorenzo ran wide on the penultimate lap to let him through.
Dovizioso continues to occupy the top spot in the overall classification, ahead of Barbera, whilst Lorenzo drops to third after coming home in fourth place.
Further back, 19-year-old Chaz Davies finished just out of the points in 17th - but will continue riding for the Campetella Aprilia team at Le Mans, after financial concerns had threatened his attendance at the event.
250cc top ten – Turkish Grand Prix:
1. Barbera (Aprilia)
2. Dovizioso (Honda) +0.266secs
3. H. Aoyama (KTM) +3.320secs
4. Lorenzo (Aprilia) +3.602secs
5. Takahashi (Honda) +3.618secs
6. Simoncelli (Gilera) +15.850secs
7. Locatelli (Aprilia) +16.003secs
8. S. Aoyama (Honda) +16.555secs
9. West (Aprilia) +21.860secs
10. Smrz (Aprilia) +27.041secs
17. Davies (Aprilia) +56.667secs