Andrea Dovizioso took his long-awaited first 250cc victory in Catalunya, after a heart-stopping final few laps.
The clearly delighted Humangest Honda rider held off home rider Jorge Lorenzo
and Master MVA Aspar rider Alex de Angelis
to head the quarter litre category for the first time.
Lorenzo had charged through on the final five laps after lying several seconds down on the front group, eventually taking second when De Angelis and Locatelli touched going into the first turn, the former 125cc World Champion Locatelli running wide and out of contention for the podium.250cc top ten – Catalan Grand Prix:
1. Dovizioso (Honda)
2. Lorenzo (Aprilia) +0.095secs
3. de Angelis (Aprilia) +0.422secs
4. Locatelli (Aprilia) +1.587secs
5. Debon (Aprilia) +3.136secs
6. H. Aoyama (KTM) +4.032secs
7. Takahashi (Honda) +4.072secs
8. Guintoli (Aprilia) +7.315secs
9. West (Aprilia) +43.107secs
10. Cardenas (Honda) +43.193secs
Linfoot (Honda) DNF