Jorge Lorenzo took a second uncontested victory in the 250cc British Grand Prix, taking victory by more than six seconds to repeat his runaway Assen performance.
The Spaniard led from pole position, with main title rival Andrea Dovizioso
doing a remarkable job of sticking with the Fortuna Aprilia rider. However, a crash from the Italian whilst in hot pursuit left Lorenzo to complete the race in relative isolation.
Alex de Angelis put in a superb pass on Hiroshi Aoyama on the final lap, forcing the Japanese rider wide as he attempted to take back the position. Roberto Locatelli had yet another noteworthy performance, and took fourth ahead of the returning Hector Barbera and the luckless Dovizioso who had picked his bike up after his slide.
His team-mate Yuki Takahashi, Sylvain Guintoli
and Anthony West
were eighth and ninth respectively, whilst Marco Simoncelli rounded off the top ten despite suffering a crash on the closing laps.
The British victory puts Lorenzo just one point behind Dovizioso in the classification.250cc top ten – British Grand Prix:
1. Lorenzo (Aprilia)
2. de Angelis (Aprilia) +6.257secs
3. H. Aoyama (KTM) +7.366secs
4. Locatelli (Aprilia) +14.788secs
5. Barbera (Aprilia) +20.341secs
6. Dovizioso (Honda) +23.100secs
7. Takahashi (Honda) +23.644secs
8. Guintoli (Aprilia) +26.070secs
9. West (Aprilia) +31.575secs
10. Simoncelli (Gilera) +41.298secs
21. Linfoot (Honda) DNF
23. Davies (Honda) DNF