Hector Faubel has taken a perfectly timed last-gasp victory over Aspar Aprilia team-mate Gabor Talmacsi during the season-opening 125cc Qatar Grand Prix.
Helped by mechanical troubles for the likes of Mattia Pasini and Sergio Gadea, Fabel was able to break away early in the race - with only Talmacsi subsequently capable of catching the Spaniard.
The pair swapped positions several times as they disappeared into the distance, before the Hungarian dived inside Faubel to take the lead into turn one as the last lap began. However, Hector held his nerve and calmly slipstreamed to a last gasp win, by just 0.073secs, during the long dash to the finish line.
Derbi's Lukas Pesek won a close fight with Raffaele de Rosa to complete the podium, some 17-seconds behind the top two, while Simone Corse got the better of Tomoyoshi Koyama for fifth.
Britain's Bradley Smith suffered a poor start, before recovering to 12th.
Race results – Qatar:
1. Faubel (Aprilia)
2. Talmacsi (Aprilia) +0.073secs
3. Pesek (Derbi) +17.499secs
4. de Rosa (Aprilia) +17.754secs
5. Corsi (Aprilia) +25.642secs
6. Koyama (KTM) +25.877secs
7. Espargaro (Aprilia) +28.437secs
8. Rabat (Honda) +28.527secs
9. Nieto (Aprilia) +28.708secs
10. Masbou (Honda) +33.669secs
12. Smith (Honda) +40.679secs