You are about to report the comment below to the Crash.Net moderators as being abusive. An abusive comment may contain profanity, personal attacks or commercial SPAM.
Please do not report this comment as being abusive if you simply disagree with the comment posted. If this is the case then you can click on the "disagree" icon () in the upper right of the comment's post to show your dissatisfaction.
Crash.Net moderators will view all reported comments and will act as they deem necessary. This may be editing the comment or total deletion.
I'm not convinced Ben KNEW he was leaving Yamaha for a long time. It was more likely
1) Inability to be confortable on the 1000cc M1 and find a good setup
2) The terrible start to the season
3) Pressure and criticism from Lin Jarvis and management
4) Yamaha discussing potential Rossi return
5) Additional pressure from tech3 riders performance
5) Desire to cut losses before self doubt creeps in
It's all moot now given Rossi's return, but I really doubt Yamaha would have looked to Rossi had it not been for Ben's poor start. Any way, all these things conbimed led to this decisison IMHO and had he been doing better he may actually have stayed.