Motorsports » Your views: The F1 circus becomes a lions den

Crash.net reader Joshua Bonser looks back at the second race of the new F1 season at Sepang – and THAT overtaking move

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Kakao - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 12:07 PM

Webber after Silverstone 2011:

“I am not fine with it. No. That's the answer to that,” the Australian said when asked if he understood the team's decision.
“If Fernando retires on the last lap we are battling for the victory so I was fine until the end. Of course I ignored the team as I want to try and get another place. Seb was doing his best and I was doing my best.
“I don't want to crash with anyone, but that was it. I tried to do my best with the amount of conversation I had. One-way conversation obviously as I wasn't talking too much back.
“There was a lot of traffic coming to me, but I was still trying to do my best to pass the guy in front.”

Kakao - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 12:10 PM

As everyone can see, MW has already disobbeyed team orders. He has also tried to boycott Vettel's title at the last race in Brazil. Not to mention the times he let Alonso through and then held his own teammate. He's not a teamplayer, but never got any punishment for that.

All of you who support him and criticize Vettel are hypocrites.

Ron - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 12:20 PM

Vettel ruined his own race in brazil, you can't have drivers jumping out of the way in the first corner (few corners more), it would be nuts and unsafe

peter daniel - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 12:21 PM

Webber was not soundly thrashed by Vettel for the last 3 years. In 2010 he was in the championship fight until the final round, beating Vettel up to this point. In 2011 the car was set up for Vettel not Webber. The demonstration he gave at Silversone was to prove he could drive around Vettel at all parts of the circuit, but did NOT overtake, so keeping to the spirit of team orders. In 2012 Webber was leading Vettle up to half way in the championship. Thats why he turned down Ferrari, as he thought he had a chance at the companionship, but Red Bull would not support him if he was leaving. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT !!!

Kakao - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 12:36 PM

I guess you guys have problem reading. So I'll repeat:

"There was a lot of traffic coming to me, but I was still trying to do my best to PASS THE GUY IN FRONT.”

Understand now?

@Ron
Vettel was racing FOR THE TITLE in Brazil. Mark should at least stay out of the way, instead, he pushed him into the corner. And you dare to say it's Seb's fault? Of course, DOUBLE STANDARDS, as usual.

I'm not surprised by your hypocrisy anyway.

Kakao - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 12:39 PM

@Peter

You're denying what MW said himself after the race?
He was trying to pass indeed. He didn't because he was unable to do so, otherwise he'd finish the race ahead of Seb.

Kakao - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 12:49 PM

I've said this in another thread, and I'll say it again.

It's so easy to click "disagree", isn't it? All of you who disagree with my posts: I want a REASONABLE response from you. If you don't provide any, it'll prove what kind of people you are: hypocrites!

John - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 1:21 PM

"Vettel unbolted his bull with fifteen laps to go, and after a fierce battle, finally scythed past his team-mate on lap 45."

Bonser is one of the rare people to describe this correctly. A lot of people - most of whom probably never even saw the race - are claiming that there was no battle at all, that Vettel sneaked past Webber when he wasn't looking.

John - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 1:26 PM

It's rather pathetic that when somebody quotes Mark Webber in his own words, certain individuals respond by clicking the silly "disagree" button.

But then, pathetic people do tend to be ... pathetic.

John - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 1:29 PM

"Unfortunately for him, trying to be one person in the car and a completely different one out of it doesn't sit well with the fans, and it is one reason why there has been so much vitriol spouted in his direction."

Really? You think THAT"S the reason, and not his being, you know .. German? If he were British the same people spewing venom at him would be kissing his feet. Or some other body part. And everybody knows it.

1 2 3  »