Motorsports » Vettel says sorry to Red Bull staff

Sebastian Vettel gives a personal apology to Red Bull staff for his actions at Sepang

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Mark _

March 28, 2013 4:06 PM

If they don't want this to happen again then don't issue stupid team orders. Neither of these guys follow them anyway so just be done with it and let them race. As fans we should be demanding this.

richard

March 28, 2013 4:13 PM

shaken. at least seb has apologised for the confusion. never heard webber do that!

mark. fully agree, it was absolutely stupid to try and manipulate the so-called race. at least seb has given them a 14 point advantage in the wdc race

cas - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 4:47 PM

I dont see why he should say sorry, they should have been racing but redbull want a one two finish and they got a 1-2,

its a shame because I like webber but if his three time world champion teammate had wanted to finish 2nd I doubt he'd be a three time champion

wackystewart - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 5:17 PM

This is a Redbull intra team problem and not an F1 problem. Seb owes his team and teammate an explanation but not me, an f1 fan.

To give a perspective on this, I watched the race without sound, no commentary, nothing, because I was afraid to wake my kids and wife up at 4 in the morning. All I saw was hard racing by both Bulls and a beautiful pass by Vettel. I was a bit disappointed by Webber not running Seb of track to defend his position. I felt he gave up. I also saw Rosberg pass Lewis twice only to be re-passed by Lewis. Great battles I thought. Turned off the tele right after the race and went to bed without knowing that there was team orders controversy going on. I just thought it was a great race from all three podium finishers. I actually went to bed happy because Lewis, was at least third.

And then I woke up to all this brouhaha! This a Redbull, or for that matter, a Merc problem and should not affect me, as a fan. I don't care if Seb disobeyed orders or Nico obeyed them, all

Kevin - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 5:22 PM

Weber 2011 defiance: "Of course I ignored the team as I want to try and get another place. Seb was doing his best and I was doing my best," he said. Weber, July after the British GP 2011. No apologies. Vettel response: "I think we were racing...". Story over - 9 pages of Google references.

Vettel 2013 defiance: Apologizes to both Weber and team. Meanwhile Weber hints he had "a lot to think about", expresses he is "furious" to the press, shows anger by flipping Seb the finger, and chops him on track after the race ends - 41 pages of Google references - so far.

Interesting...

wackystewart - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 5:24 PM

...continued

All I saw was great hard racing from all four. I'm glad I saw it without the commentary or radio transmissions. I'm sure the people at the race live saw the same as I did. A great race.

carminetriumph - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 5:39 PM

Shumi he aint and vettel wont be able to handle all this hate backlash, he likes to be liked this will be doing his head in. Now is the time to pounce Mark and time for Helmut markel to take a long holiday before Red Bull lose Newey and Horner to Williams mmmmm watch this space!.

FreeJack - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 5:46 PM

People REALLY need to stop comparing this team order defiance to Silverstone.

At Silverstone, BOTH drivers had turned down their engines (by Horner's own admission) and yet they were still competitive...the tearm just didn't want the two of them racing, because the previous year's crash was still fresh on Horner's mind and he wanted the constructor's points.

At Sepang, there could be no competition, because Webber had crippled himself by turning down his engines (as agreed upon before the race) and Vettel stayed at full steam. The reason for telling them to hold their positions after the final pit stop was because they didn't know how badly the tires would fall off over 15 laps or so. It wasn't just down to, "We want the points, so maintain the gap." It was, "We don't even know if these tires are going to last through the end of the race, so take it easy on them."

There's a difference.