F1 » Ecclestone: Vettel correct to ignore team orders

Bernie Ecclestone: I always say, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Sebastian is not a loser. Sebastian is a winner

Mr Wizard - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 12:38 PM

the Malaysian GP1 was now days ago , and still beating this dead horse...this is now OH SO OVER BEARINGLY BOOOOOORRIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGgggg !!!! How many times can you keep saying the same things whether your for or against ?..personally Idon't care , its not going to change my life or any of yours in anyway , it is what it is
wake me up when they get to China ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Kakao - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 12:38 PM

Webber after Silverstone 2011:

“I am not fine with it. No. That's the answer to that,” the Australian said when asked if he understood the team's decision.
“If Fernando retires on the last lap we are battling for the victory so I was fine until the end. Of course I ignored the team as I want to try and get another place. Seb was doing his best and I was doing my best.
“I don't want to crash with anyone, but that was it. I tried to do my best with the amount of conversation I had. One-way conversation obviously as I wasn't talking too much back.
“There was a lot of traffic coming to me, but I was still trying to do my best to pass the guy in front.”

It's all plain and simple: Webber has ignored orders in the past. If I remember correctly, everyone praised him for that. "That's it Mark. Defy the team and their spoilt brat". So MW can disobbey and SV can't. Why the double standards?

Kakao - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 12:39 PM

To those who claim MW won't help SV anymore, tell me, what difference it will make? He's never helped Seb. Last year he tried his best to impede his third WDC, by letting FA through and then holding SV, or trying to get him out of the track. It's not just me saying, there are images to prove that. It was clear for the world to see. And the team took no actions against him.
However, haters will use everything they can to put Seb down. Next time MW ignores team orders, they'll support him for some unkown reason, and still attack Seb. It doesn't matter in which side Seb is, he's always wrong. Just because he's accomplished "too much" for a guy that is not British, and got everything that "should belong to a certain British driver".
Poor Webber, in the end, he doesn't have many supporters here, just people using him as an excuse to hate another guy.

mimmo - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 12:47 PM

Shut your hole Bernie. You've brought back the pathetic 80's era, i.e. the fastest slow guy wins. Who knows maybe this year we can see someone try to duplicate poor old Nigel pushing his car over the finish line. You created the need for teams to fall back to reserve mode so don't whine when teams have orders.

F1Racer - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 1:01 PM

I think Bernie is wrong, very wrong. I am all for wheel to wheel racing, even with your team-mate as long as you don't wipe him out in the process (as Seb did in Turkey 2010). So I get that part. It's what fans want to see and it's exciting. But, that reason alone does not make what Vettel did right. I also think Bernies reaction would be totally different had Webber passed Vettel, or blamed Webber if there had been a collision between the two. Vettel is Benies golden boy, that's plain to see.
Here's why it was wrong for those that can't figure this out...
In F1 you are part of a team and no driver is bigger than the team. Red Bull gave Seb his contract and pay his wages. Horner, soft and weak as he is, is still Sebs boss and he calls the shots.
Bernie said it was too early for team orders. That statement alone shows that Bernie lacks an understanding of what the team orders were for. Well he is getting on the poor lad.
These were not team orders to help one driver out in a

richard

March 29, 2013 1:14 PM

f1 racer. what a penname from someone who does not want to see actual RACING. there are very, very few commentators who have said that vettel was wrong. and note, there have been no reported utterances form other current drivers. why? because they all want to RACE and would abhor team orders, although some of the lesser drivers might have to comply with those, to retain a seat.

are you saying that it is ok for webber to ignore team orders, but not for seb? please explain why.

107SS2009

March 29, 2013 1:20 PM

Kakao, “Webber after Silverstone 2011” you (Kakao) left out “he (Webber said) he had received four or five massages (team orders) from the team asking him not attack Vettel, but he declined to follow them”, for more detail read Tuesday post on page “Father insists Webber will race on”.
Somebody on here just said “Bernie lacks an understanding of what team orders were for” that's a hell of a statement to make!

F1Racer - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 1:25 PM

Richard, thanks for noticing my nickname but zero points on your ability to copy it down properly.

Read the 2nd sentence of my post, as you clearly missed that the first time you read it. Where do I say I don't want to see actual racing. This is not about the 'being a racer' mentality or the 'will to win at any cost' persepective. I don't know why you and others cannot see beyond that.
If they were actually 'racing' as you put it, then Webber would have had his engine turned up too. Webber had a turned down engine, not by his own choice but by the team, and Vettel sucker-punched him. It was unfair and thats it. If they were under racing conditions and told they could race but be careful not to take each other off then Sebs move would would have been bold, fair and great. But that wasn't the situations and he messed up.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »