F1 » Kubica admits F1 career could be over

Robert Kubica admits that his hopes of making a return to F1 may be over and that he might never get back onto the grid

elijah

April 11, 2013 4:36 PM

If he cannot make it back to F1 its a loss but it will not be from want of trying.He is still a great ambassador for tough resolute determination in spite of the odds. He is not done yet.

need4speed - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 4:45 PM

Im glad he's being honest, however sad the truth is. I hope he has a career in WRC although it maybe nothing compared to F1. Whatever path he goes I wish him the best.

cobalt - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 7:09 PM

Ther is nothing "finally some truth" about his statement. He is saying this for a long time now, F1 is a goal but nobody knows if the return will be possible. I hope it will.
I think Robert's F1 manager is unemployed for a long time now.... Morelli was not present or heard during Citroen negotiations. Robert's sponsors petrol firm Lotos are from Poland, I doubt Morelli had much to do with ERC/WRC negotiations.

FreeJack - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 7:44 PM

Considering the nature of his injuries, I never really expected that he would make an F1 comeback...it's just too demanding. In my way of thinking, he's very fortunate that he has use of his arm and hand, and can still actually drive competitively at all. Best of luck to him, he has already staged a pretty monumental comeback from his accident.

cobalt - Unregistered

April 13, 2013 12:18 AM

I think it is clear that Robert can drive fast. He is marching WRC2 fastest drivers (in his class) on his debut. No doubt he is a very talented driver. I would want raw talent to be appreciated instead of seeing so many F1 paid/comercial/chosen/manipulated drivers.

elijah

April 23, 2013 8:46 AM

Bild is reporting, Kubica has been for the past few weeks conducting secret Formula One tests at the wheel of the Mercedes driver simulator.

As i said, he is not done yet.