BSB » Dejected Brookes' title bid in tatters

'Our general package wasn't just quite good enough to compete at the front this weekend' - Josh Brookes

Tetley

October 07, 2013 12:43 PM

Motormouth Brookes is looking like a perpetual nearly-man. He says "'Our general package wasn't just quite good enough to compete at the front this weekend'" but it was plenty good enough for rookie PJ to harrass him.

WylieCoyote

October 07, 2013 1:02 PM

Right, twice runner up and because he has a bad weekend he is in danger of losing his seat. Did the young guy go as fast as the two leaders? No, which either means he is slow or the bike, as Brookes said, was not up to it.

shpongled

October 07, 2013 1:47 PM

Suzi are slow at all levels, domestic & international. And Mr Brookes, PJ passed you because you were too slow, and you didn't re-pass him because you were too slow - Don't blame him for losing sight of the leaders!

PatrickD

October 07, 2013 4:04 PM

Hmmm. Tetley is here are sticking the boot in when it doesn't know what it's talking about.
Yes, his teammate has come on well and is giving him a run now. But his point is that the Suzuki isn't able to run with the top three/four. Which anyone with eyes in their head can see is correct.
Also, getting into a battle with someone will lose you time on the leaders. Which is also crystal clear.
He's been big enough to admit he might be off form here, but we can be sure that he's been over-riding the Suzuki again this year. It's definitely the weakest Japanese bike out there. But he is in the shootout with it.
Hard luck, and well done, Josh.
Time to improve, Suzuki.

MOTOM

October 07, 2013 5:45 PM

From bikesportnews article: "I put everything into it that I could and rode it as best I could but it wasn't there. I had chatter right from the start and it always gets worse as the tyre wears inconsistently so the vibration gets worse. At the start I was getting dragged along by Alex and Byrne, and then Tommy got past me but I was able to hang with them but then I got messed up by PJ. Once I lost the tow and there was a gap, I couldn't do anything more. I was lapping close to the front guys but without the tow on the straights, you can't make up the gap. I am quite frustrated with PJ for not leaving it until later in the race to make that move. It would have been better to leave it as a group and stay together instead of screwing us up and dropping off. But he is a kid, he will learn the more he races. I thought he was supposed to help me, but it didn't feel like it then. I can't complain because I shouldn't be racing with PJ, I should be out the front so it's my own fault he is even

MOTOM

October 07, 2013 5:49 PM

in my race. He is doing the right thing by himself. Maybe the team should step in but I have been in that situation myself and it sucks. After the fall at Assen and the DNF in race one, it didn't really make any difference, we're grasping at straws. Realistically, if you look at it, we're not in the fight for the championship anymore."

Tetley

October 07, 2013 5:55 PM

@PatrickD “Tetley is sticking the boot in when it doesn't know what it's talking about. Yes, his teammate has come on well and is giving him a run now. But his point is that the Suzuki isn't able to run with the top three/four. “
Our interpretations differ. Sure the Suzuki isn't able to run with the top three/four with Brookes as the rider, yet a rookie who has never seen these tracks before is already giving him a hard time. The bike can't be so bad when a rookie can do that. There is also a flaw in your argument that PJ slowed Brookes down, when equally Brookes was slowing PJ down. Without the tussle with Brookes PJ would have been much closer to the leaders.
I've met Brookes, and chatted with him, and he seems a likeable bloke, but my “motormouth” reference harks back to the beginning of the season when he made accusations of cheating against other teams, but was never prepared to back it up with names and facts.
“not knowing what it's talking about”? Insults don't make you right.

PatrickD

October 08, 2013 12:27 PM

@Tetley
the bike has limited ability. PJ is getting close to that now, where Josh is already there. It remains a weak bike in this championship.
The name calling started with motormouth, and that's where it stopped.

Tetley

October 08, 2013 1:31 PM

@PatrickD "the bike has limited ability.
All the bikes have limited ability by definition. No outside observer can determine whether the current poor results are down to the rider, the bike, the chassis engineers, the tuners, the investment in parts or whatever combination of those.
@PatrickD "PJ is getting close to that now, where Josh is already there."
No-one can possibly prove that JB is getting the most out of the bike and another rider couldn't get better results. Equally, no-one can say with certainty whether PJ is "getting close" to the limit of the package, or whether he can take it much much higher. All we both know is that JB's form is currently in decline while PJ's is in consistently rapid ascendency. That's why I say "I forsee PJ continuing with TycoTAZ next season, but I'm not so sure about Brookes keeping his seat with Philip and Hector."

sonic74

October 08, 2013 2:26 PM

PJ SHOULD OF KEPT OUT OF THAT BATTLE JOSH HAS A CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE AND PJ SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THAT AS I KNOW JOSH WOULD DO THIS IF THE TABLES WERE TURNED.. REALLY SURPRISED HIS TEAM NEVER TOLD HIM TO TRY AND HELP HIM NOT TRY SCREW HIS LINES UP THEN LOOSE ****E LOADS OF TIME OFF THE FRONT RUNNERS TRYING TO BATTLE WITH HIS SO CALLED TEAM MATE!!!

1 2  »