Crash.Net User: Bradenws

Comments rating: 1869
Position in rating: 56

Show Comments on:

Bradenws

May 31, 2014 2:20 AM

MotoGP » Bautista blames Abraham for spectacular crash

I think Bautista gets more flack than he deserves. Sure he's made a few bone-headed mistakes, but he's not inherently reckless, imo. I partially blame his equipment, though over-riding it is his fault. I credit him a lot for solely plugging away on the Showa/Nissin setup, and it looks like it may be finally paying off. I predict fewer crashes if that's the case.

Bradenws

May 24, 2014 3:21 PM

F1 » Hamilton angry over Rosberg error

There's something distinctly unpalatable about Lewis' sulking. I hate to just bag on him, and it's admittedly minor and petty to focus overly-much on this, but something struck me as just irritating about his reaction interview. Somehow Lewis comes across as extra entitled and arrogant in this. Too bad, he's been conducting himself so nicely until this weekend.

Bradenws

May 25, 2014 1:06 AM

F1 » Raikkonen 'fighting with the car'

It's pretty obvious Kimi hasn't driven to his potential this year, but he seems to be making constant progress. The fact that he's closing on Alonso while still contending with problems shows me that they're working on them in the right way. It's starting to look like a question of when, not if Kimi will get a setup he likes, which would easily allow him to challenge or even beat Alonso finally.

Bradenws

May 24, 2014 9:54 AM

F1 » Mercedes extends Petronas title partnership

The Petronas colors on silver, while basically handsome were really quite boring originally. Glad someone figured out how to make it just look better overall. It actually crossed the line from "nothing wrong with it" into pretty, after a while. It's not the Lotus, but there's definitely a hint of flair emerging. There seems to be a trend of slowly evolving the color scheme in subtle way -- makes me curious as to what it'll look like in a couple years. There's something to be said about a designer's ability to chip away at such a basic concept and develop what is becoming actually striking.

Bradenws

May 24, 2014 10:00 AM

F1 » Not fair to say Raikkonen struggling more than Alonso - Allison

You know what, life's not fair. And neither is losing out to someone. It's called competition. The reality is, Kimi isn't doing as well as Alonso, ATM. I still have a large amount of faith in my favorite driver, and history has shown me that he knows how to get a car he likes, at least eventually. Kimi doesn't bulIsh!t, I believe he'd concur with my assertions.

Bradenws

May 24, 2014 8:16 AM

Sportscars » Nissan announces factory LMP1 Le Mans return

Is it just me or have F1 and endurance racing slowly morphed into the other over the recent past? F1 seems like a compressed version of LeMans, with car/tire preservation the main focus, while WEC cars go pretty much flat out the whole race. I'm also struck by how close the competition is in WEC, and finishers seem to be pretty darn close race's end, especially considering the race's length. F1 just gets dominated by one team at a time. Sadly ironic isn't it?

Bradenws

May 22, 2014 6:11 PM

F1 » Gearbox woes for Raikkonen

At least Ferrari picked one of the least overly whiny drivers on the grid. While it can never be accounted for, history has shown that luck in F1 seems to balance out over time, no matter what. converse to Kimi, just look at Vettel, he had to drop that years-old rabbit's foot eventually. So I still have hope.

Bradenws

May 22, 2014 4:13 PM

F1 » Raikkonen: ‘A shame’ F1 drivers are restricted

While high risk in more than one way, driving in other series also has a chance of raising a driver's stock and exposure. We've seen how integral passion is to even attempt racing for wins and titles, but no matter how unique each series is, historically, legends somehow find a transcendent level of drive they can channel into real speed in any machine. I sometimes like to ponder, if only Kimi had followed through on that LeMans test and actually given it a go before returning, and even respect his NASCAR adventure. As long as racing is to be had, Kimi, and others like Schumi, Seb Loeb and Val Rossi become infectious passion in-carnate on-track, a living expression of us fans' true love of speed. Proudly carrying that shared piece of our soul with them in success or even failure is special indeed.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »