Crash.Net User: Nigel Tasker

Comments rating: 1122
Position in rating: 138

Show Comments on:

Nigel Tasker

July 13, 2015 4:19 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Title charge is on

Motojunky, I'm with you 100% It's rare I post on here these days, I used to all the time but got fed up of the haters and bashers so just read comments and you have to laugh at some of them. Now I am a big Rossi fan, watched every single qualifying and race for the past 15 years so I have seen Rossi's whole career, been to a few races too. I would say Rossi is virtually back to his best, will he win the champoinship this year? I say yes because I think he can win at least another 3 races possibly more, if not then he will be on the podium for most if not all the remainder of races left. His racecraft is second to none and this is what will get him through, apart from this last race, his race pace is as good as anyone's. So barring him mucking up qualifying and any injuries I can not see him losing too many points to MM or JL, this season has been a good one and who ever wins the title will have worked hard for it and in my eyes has beaten some bloody good talent

Nigel Tasker

February 01, 2015 6:49 PM

F1 » Vettel marks Ferrari F1 debut with top time

The Ferrari of 2015 is a totally different car to last years, pretty much it has been completely redesigned. Anyone who follows the sport closely ought to look at all the news regarding updates and who has done what to their cars for this year. I would say without a shadow of a doubt Ferrari have been the busiest of them all, they have redesigned that awful nose & a good job too, then they have redesigned the back end completely, then there is the power unit, that has been redesigned too, this is the biggest area for them as last year they was hugely down on power, I'm going to be very interested on what the fastest speed traps are this year. And then there is the energy recovery system, apparently this is another area where Ferrari was very weak and had a poor design which is now much improved, steering wise they kept the same as last year as they said they had no issue with it. So I think there is every reason to have some belief in what they have done for this year, we should al

Nigel Tasker

January 30, 2015 7:39 PM

MotoGP » Rossi ‘thinking’ tenth world title

**iebird, I don't agree with you one bit. Let's just think back to last year, Yamaha was not anywhere near as competitive as honda, my opinion is that Honda has a good bike but last year and year before was a fair bit better than yamaha, so getting MM to ride it for them was a prudent move, fair play to Honda because they have been smart. Now they was not expecting Rossi to go back to Yamaha & has really put the pressure back on them, I know I'm going to get knocked for saying this but it is obvious to me, Yamaha are now benefiting from Rossi's input once again, I believe that Yamaha are developing the bike around Rossi. Once Yamaha have a bike that is on par with Honda we will see how good MM is won't we. Just for the record I think MM is a incredible rider but he is no Rossi at least not yet anyway, he has a long way to go before he emulates Rossi. I actually think Rossi is more than a match for MM and if Yamaha gives him a good bike then I think he can win the title No10 We

Nigel Tasker

January 31, 2015 9:49 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: We suspect Honda has some difficulties

Mentally Rossi is without a doubt the best, Bike wise we will see, I give Honda the edge still based on this fact, their electronics package is much better than yamaha's & Stoner has been tweaking it in private testing. You know Honda are very sneaky , they are getting Stoner who they know is good to test the bike old/new, fair play to them if they can without breaking the rules. For me this year the title chase will be close, and it will be between Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, forget the rest, if Yamaha have a bike that breaks how Rossi wants it to & the gearbox is equal to Hondas then I see Rossi claiming his 10th WC, if not then MM will win it, with Rossi Lorenzo 2nd 3rd in any order.

Nigel Tasker

January 24, 2015 4:32 PM

F1 » Ferrari boss calls for F1 ‘revolution’ to win back fans

Been a fan for years of F1, last year was one of the most boring of all time, there is no point in watching something that is predictable, even in Schumachers dominance qualifying was worth watching as he never had it all his own way, last year we knew either Hamilton or Rosberg for pole, then the race the same how boring. I only watched half the races last year and not all of them live either as it's just rubbish now days.

Nigel Tasker

January 24, 2015 5:01 PM

MotoGP » Rainey talks Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa

I have a sneaky feeling that Valentino will be fighting for the championship this year, and I think it will be a 3 horse race between Lorenzo, Marquez, Rossi. You can discount Dani as he is not consistent enough to win Championships. This year I believe Yamaha will be very close to Honda if not equal, if this is the case then expect Rossi to be very competitive and give em a hard time and I will expect to see many more race wins from him & Lorenzo this year, development on the Yamaha is having input from Rossi again & you can tell. For me a 10th Word title will be awesome for Rossi and if he does it then that will be some achievement.

Nigel Tasker

December 24, 2014 11:30 AM

MotoGP » MotoGP Star of the Year vote: 1st

I think the first place is well deserved by Valentino. He proved a lot of people wrong didn't he so it was no surprise to see him poll at No1. I can't wait to see what 2015 brings as I think Vale will once again be in contention for another title, many will disagree with me, but just think about this 2 years ago many was saying Valentino was finished never likely to win another race. And no one can say he did it against poor opposition this past year, the whole grid really is top class. Good luck to them all in 2015.

Nigel Tasker

December 23, 2014 8:46 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Star of the Year vote: 2nd

This continued from my last post. Honda have been very clever in their selection of Riders, they have brought them through the different classes to the top, this is to be commended, however the thing is they tend to be small & light and I think this gives them a fairly big advantage, I think if the weight was the same for all you would not see Marquez at the top as much. I think the rules should be changed to make the weight the same for all, I think you would see a different story all together. When you consider that Rossi is one of the heaviest rider on the grid & he has the second best bike on the grid & he beat Lorenzo after the 2 appalling years at Ducati I think he has proved a lot wrong this year & he on equal machinery would have won many more races this year. If Yamaha get the gearbox sorted and everything right then there is no reason why Rossi can not challenge for a title next year. It will be very interesting too when the control ECU comes in 2016, that will sort out

Nigel Tasker

December 23, 2014 8:38 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Star of the Year vote: 2nd

Well this will cause a stir but I don't give a damn about that I will say it how it is. I voted Rossi first & Marquez second, in my opinion the reason to give Rossi the first place is clear. The bikes, so which is the best, well it has been widely acknowledged for around 2 full seasons that the Honda is a fair bit ahead of the Yamaha, ok I think Yamaha has closed the gap a little but I think Honda still maintain the edge. The riders, so who is the best, well I think Rossi well I would as I'm a fan of his been watching him since his 125 days and have not missed a race come to think about it I have barely missed any qualifying and warm ups in all these years I have watched motogp. There is no doubt that Marquez is a good talented rider who is fast and is fully prepared to give everything to win. Now what many may not agree with what I'm about to say I actually think its a very valid point. Honda have been very clever in their selection of Riders, they have brought them through the

Nigel Tasker

December 02, 2014 7:42 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

This is just to do with greed its really as simple as that, I have no issue with pay tv, what I have an issue with is Ripp off Pay Tv, it seems to be a way of the world. Sooner rather than later it will have a knock on effect, just look at football these days, the amount of times you look at the stands in football grounds half empty on the Saturday evening program on sky sports. The sad fact is they have priced fans out of the grounds, the same will happen with pay tv because it's not cheap.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »