Crash.Net User: Nigel Tasker

Comments rating: 1043
Position in rating: 84

Show Comments on:

Nigel Tasker

February 10, 2013 2:55 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

@ Pro-R, I agree with you, MM will certainly be good enough in some races but I fear he will crash a lot, there were times last year that he was just awesome, but also times when he was damn right recless, he does not seem to have any respect for any other riders, in this class he will be taught a lesson. Rossi will be his old self this year, don't expect too many spectacular qualifying laps from him but expect fire works in the races because of his race craft he will be dominant, and Lorenzo will be with him all the way, closely followed by Danny. Boy I think we are in for some racing this year, I hope I'm on the edge of my seat watching it.

Nigel Tasker

February 10, 2013 2:05 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

Cal crutchlow, he's not done bad on that satellite Yamaha, he should be in for a few podiums this year and possibly the odd win, you would think he is going to progress to a full works team next year if there is any seats available Honda, maybe a Suzuki. The rest of the field are not in the same league I'm afraid, now it's only my opinion but judging on what I have seen in the past 15 years these are my views. Lastly Rossi, well again just my view and of course it's biased as I'm a fan of his, he don't need to prove anything to us, he's already done it all, has he got what it takes to win? You bet he has, he's not finished yet, and yes one of the best of all time.

Nigel Tasker

February 10, 2013 1:54 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

Pedrosa, well there is no doubt that Danny can ride a bike, some times he's un stoppable, but is he consistent enough to win a title, I personally wanted him to win last year, and unlike some who think it's his this title this year I don't think so, there is 4 riders all going to be scrapping for the top step and I just think he does not have the fight in him that Lorenzo & Rossi has, Marquez Marquez, we will see what this rocket ship can do this year, he is going to have a battle on his hands in my opinion with Rossi & Lorenzo, but especially Rossi, if he want's some fairing bashing then he's come to the right place as Rossi will be more than a match for him.

Nigel Tasker

February 10, 2013 1:45 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

Bike development. Well let's start with riders, Casey was a great rider, and although I thought his attitude stinks sometimes you can not doubt his talent, was he a good development rider? Well I think that for me not as good as Rossi, Pedrosa, or Lorenzo. I think clearly Casey can jump on any bike and ride it. Lorenzo, again he was not liked by many me included, but I must say he is one good rider and learnt from Rossi well he has earn t my respect & I think he is a much better rider now and he deserves the praise.

Nigel Tasker

February 10, 2013 1:39 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

Ok let's try and clear this up. Most of Rossi's fans I think are passionate and I for one have never hidden the fact I'm a big fan of his, his ability is just awesome. A lot of people on here that attack Rossi say they don't hate him they hate his fans, well why post what you do about him because to someone looking in it looks as if it either jealousy or bordering on hatred of Rossi. I don't agree all of us fans are not willing to give credit to other riders or other things like cont..

Nigel Tasker

February 10, 2013 1:05 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

@FZ1, well said a good post. The truth is the Rossi haters are clutching at straws, they do try and hold his age against him alot, laughable at best, ok we all get to the point in our lives where we can not compete or do things as good or as quickly as we could when we were younger, but 34 is not old. I recently read a interview with Furasawa who said he is very good friends with Valentino and meets up with him regulary, he said that one thing he found out when speaking to Rossi recently is that he knows to keep up with the young ones he must put more effort in to exercising and he needs to be as fit as them, he said he's in the best shape of his life and you know what I beleive it because Rossi is a thinker and he knows damn well that he needs to be in good shape in order to win. Roll on the first race.

Nigel Tasker

February 09, 2013 2:48 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

Continued from previous post. Ducati was a dog, pig of a bike, I do not think for one minute that bike was anything like Stoner won on. We all know what happened there, and I blame it on managements direction, and I'm afraid to say I think you will find they did not really want to go down a different path to their previous designs, I mean they had always had fairly good success right? Just think of the years they won the WC with Casey on it, in my view they did it with superior speed, the bike was a missile he could not keep up with them on the twisty bits but on the straights he would catch them easily and that was enough. Once the extra power had been eroded away Ducati enjoyed then you seen a different story and the Ducati lost it's dominance. The bikes still a dog now and will be until such time that Ducati make a big switch with a radical new desgin, now that's not just my words, but the current crop of riders are crying out for change.

Nigel Tasker

February 09, 2013 2:35 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

@afeti, ok I will give you this, the Yamaha was not a complete dog, it was not a bad bike, but a bike no one could win a championship on for years, now that's a fact! When Rossi tested the Yamaha for the first time, he was given 3 engines to test, he pick the inline version, now if you don't beleive me I suggest you do some research on this, but Rossi gave Yamaha some good advice, he told them that the engine was not configured correctly and told them to change certain things on it, then there was the chassis, again that was changed on his instructions and perfectly so. I know this from reading his biography and also interviews conducted with Furusawa, & I quote him a saying Rossi is a genius so i think you will find that is why I say his team. Now in my last post I said developed by his team! That's not design totally different things. His Honda NSR 500 was a good bike, one of the best he's ridden in my view, but the Honda RSV211V again was developed by Rossi. Lastly the Du

Nigel Tasker

February 09, 2013 10:21 AM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

How long are people going to keep banging on about Rossi had the best equipment, the best this, special tyres made the list is endless. Now as i remeber when he came from 250 he was on that fantastic NSR 500, he had to learn it, he came second in the wc that year if my memory serves me correct. Going forwards, he dominated on the RCV211V, now let's just think, who developed that? He had 2 dominant years on that bike, then jumped ship to Yamaha on a dog of a bike, but let's think again, who developed it? infact if you look back you will see rossi's input was in there right from his first steps and the boss at Yamaha made it very clear with out Rossi's input they would never have had the domination that was about to start. So stop all the Bull $hit about he was given the best, he was not, given good equipment yes which he developed with his team to be dominant simple as that. He will be as good if not better this year as he was 4 years ago you will see.

Nigel Tasker

February 07, 2013 1:56 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We can fight

@ Dani P, yet another Rossi basher, it would not matter if Rossi won by a second or a minute or came last I have no doubt you would find a reason to bash him some how. I have to conclude your jealous of Rossi. I think your going to be in with a shock when sundays come around because like it or not Rossi is going to take some victories this year, & dare I say it possibly even the championship. Any one on here who has had the privilage of watching Rossi since he bagan his carreer knows full well his qualifying has not always been his forte, he works towards the race, something lorenzo learned very well from him, for Rosi to be just a tenth of lorenzo is a very good acheivment and clearly proves one thing, he is still fast & not just fast but on the pace with the best.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »