Crash.Net User: Nigel Tasker

Comments rating: 1054
Position in rating: 109

Show Comments on:

Nigel Tasker

August 15, 2012 8:51 PM

MotoGP » Stoner: Rossi has 'done nothing but complain'

Casey has done well, he has won 2 WC, on 2 different bikes, but do we put that down to his ability to develop a bike or his ability to ride anything. Well look at the facts, in 2007 when he won the WC he won on a bike much faster than anything on the grid, also the bridgestones was a much better tyre, so he won on a much better machine that he was able to take advantage of, he still had to ride it though so credit where it's due. Then in 2011 he moves to Honda having failed to win a WC for past 2 years, in fact the wins was getting harder to achieve and was going down, also he was himself commenting about Ducati's lack of development, he then swings his legs over the Honda and is immediatley fastest. cont..

Nigel Tasker

August 15, 2012 8:36 PM

MotoGP » Stoner: Rossi has 'done nothing but complain'

It may be partly true, however casey has not been there for 2 years has he so I think it's a little unfair to put it like he has. Anyway it don't really matter what Casey says, when Rossi was on a competitive bike he whipped stoner's a$$ most of the time. I'm sure that Rossi himself does not like the fact he has not been able to do things with the ducati like he did with Honda, Yamaha. Also Casey, yea Rossi may like a bike to be right before he risks riding the thing to the max, but no one can deny that he developed the Yamaha, unlike you that went to Ducati and won on a very fast bike, then went to Honda and won on it already developed, nothing to do with him was it.

Nigel Tasker

August 12, 2012 6:07 PM

MotoGP » Yamaha confirm Valentino Rossi’s return

@BACKFIRE you want to read your post and think about what you wrote, it's plainly obvious your jealous of Rossi acheived in that race, for most of us that had the pleasure of watching that great race it was pure skill, sure you need a little luck with it but you obviously hate Rossi. Now as a Rossi fan I think we need a bit more of that on track, let's face it a true racer is never going to say after me are they and let them by without a fight. Next year there will be some fairing bashing I can see it now & can't wait. For those who don't like it and think it's not fair then you need to go and watch something else.

Nigel Tasker

August 12, 2012 12:37 PM

MotoGP » Yamaha confirm Valentino Rossi’s return

I doubt that dorna turned up to Yamaha and said your signing Rossi, because I'm sure if they did not want him they would have told dorna where to go. I'm not going to say that Rossi is going to kick Lorenzo's a$$ but let's just wait & see shall we, also does many on here really think Rossi will be given less equipment than Lorenzo, I doubt it very much, just look at the Satellite Yamaha team that should tell you all you need to know what Yamaha are all about and they treat all their riders with respect, Rossi will have the same as Lorenzo and nothing less or more. Also as AussieNSW you are a Aussie and I take it you are a Stoner fan you can be proud of what he has achieved because I for one although I don't agree with some of his antics on track and his comments, you can not deny he is good, he has my respect and is in the top 3 of the current riders. His riding style is very aggressive and just awesome some weeks to watch.

Nigel Tasker

August 12, 2012 12:45 PM

MotoGP » Yamaha confirm Valentino Rossi’s return

@stevo46 they call Rossi a fraud because they can not think of any reason to back up the dribble they write, I mean we can all get our facts wrong from time to time but in the case of Rossi many posters who post on here that say Rossi is a fraud or a loser or does it with special equipment are deluded and simply jealous. I simply say this, let's wait and see shall we, the Yamaha in principle has hardly changed since Rossi left, so all he will need to do is get used to it again, he has had to adapt his riding style to ride the Ducati, he will simply go back to how he used to ride without much problem, he will need abit of time but I think that he will love it when he swings his leg back over the bike he help develop, as many have said I think he will be instantly in the top 4.

Nigel Tasker

August 12, 2012 12:25 PM

MotoGP » Yamaha confirm Valentino Rossi’s return

@AussieNSW Do you honestly think that the whole show is run around Rossi, I mean yea he is without doubt the most popular rider in the paddock & with that he is like a magnet to sponsors and top teams. Now many on here were spouting their mouth of about Yamaha are best off without him, they don't need a sponsor, lot's of silly remarks. Now Yamaha are a big powerful company, and in business, there is a saying, no one is bigger than the company not even Rossi. So my point is Yamaha would have thought long and hard about re signing Rossi, and despite what people may think, I bet they could'nt beleive their luck when they knew Rossi was looking for a new seat. It's about time those who don't like him just accepted it.

Nigel Tasker

August 12, 2012 7:34 AM

MotoGP » Yamaha confirm Valentino Rossi’s return

@Mark, where have you been? Rossi is already considered by many not just by his fans as the GOAT but by many professionals in the sport. the poster who said Rossi built the bike Yamaha, not quiet, but for the doubters ou there and post much dribble, I suggest you go and read the interview with Furusawa from 2 years ago when he retired, just read it carefully, it clearly states by him not by us fans but by him that me & Rossi developed the M1 together, without out each other we could not have done it. Don't take my word for it go and read it for your self. Rossi is the GOAT!

Nigel Tasker

August 11, 2012 8:27 AM

MotoGP » Yamaha confirm Valentino Rossi’s return

A couple of laps to warm up the tyres and then he will be making his way through the field. If he has the speed & I don't doubt that for 1 minute he will be up front. I think he is going to be like a man possessed, he has a point to prove and if he still has the speed there is going to be some shock's. On the other hand if he does not have the speed then some of us are going to be disappointed. Can't wait for the first test at end of season as that will confirm alot for us. Good luck Vale.

Nigel Tasker

August 11, 2012 8:20 AM

MotoGP » Yamaha confirm Valentino Rossi’s return

@ stepanik, Well said mate. The thing is do you lot on here that does not agree with Rossi going back to Yamaha, do you think Yamaha or rossi gives a damn about what me or you thinks, erm no! Now one thing is for sure we are going to see a lot of overtaking next year, we all know why don't we? I will answer that for those who don't know and have not been watching carefully over the past 10 years, Rossi is not the best qualifier, he is also a fairly poor starter so to see him mid pack at the beginning even on a Yamaha will be normal. cont..

Nigel Tasker

August 10, 2012 9:16 PM

MotoGP » Yamaha confirm Valentino Rossi’s return

Great news, Rossi back on the M1 his M1. Well I think that Rossi will be competitive, within a race or 2, I can't see it taking him any longer than about 1-2 test's before he is back up to the top. As many have said plenty of times in the past, you suddenly don't forget how to ride a bike. Many of corse don't want rossi to be succesful but for me this is great to hear, I don't expect Vale to whip everyone like he did before especially Lorenzo, Dani has had it easy whilst Rossi has been on this lame duck, he will have his nose pushed out abit next year in terms of podiums as Rossi will be taking them. It will be interesting what Marques does next year. Good luck next year Rossi.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »